ACER (the Association of Colleges in the Eastern Region) has a mission to develop excellence and best practice in the further education and skills sector through:
- Insightful professional development
- Management of events, forums and networks
- Coordinating regional membership representation with regional and national committees, funding bodies, local, regional and national government departments and in any other capacity to help benefit, improve and promote the regional FE sector.
ACER was formed in 1993 by further education colleges in the eastern region. Embracing six counties, we are proud to provide a central source of support, development and representation to our member colleges.
Our members are:
- 33 further education and sixth form colleges in and around the East of England region
- Associate members from colleges outside the region
- Admitted members from other charitable organisations
Overall there are 39 member or associate member further education and sixth form colleges, six associate member organisations and two adult education members.
ACER’s representational role on key committees and steering groups ensures that the views and concerns of the sector are heard at regional and national level, creating an information cycle to inform, influence and share. ACER has a strong commitment to partnership working and works with and for learning and skills professionals. In particular we work in partnership to bid for and deliver regional and national projects which are of value to the learning and skills agenda and meet regional and national priorities. Consultancy work with national projects keeps ACER staff and members involved in current issues and prepared for future change and development.